Tuesday, March 06, 2007
New toys!
We've finally gotten around to spending some of our gift certificates we've collected for a while.

First of all, (Thanks in part to Aunt Patty), we've gotten a new DVD/VCR Recorder. We are loving it. We're finally able to take all those episodes of Emma's favorite shows that we've saved on DVR and burn them to disc. That frees up the hard drive so we can collect more episodes. Bear in mind, Emma doesn't give a hoot about seeing new episodes. It's us. Once you've seen the same episode of either Mickey Mouse Club, Little Einsteins, Dora the Explorer, or Blues Clues 15-20 times you'd do anything to see something new.

Next I used some of my Christmas bonus to get this. It's a DLO Homedock. We use it to connect my video iPod to our stereo system and television. M wanted it so he could blast his Nano in the house when we're gone. I wanted it for the video feature. Now I can order episodes of Dora the Explorer, Blue's Clues, and Little Einsteins on iTunes for $1.99 each and Emma can watch them on TV. That's cheaper than buying the Disney DVD's, by a long shot. I can also watch the 80's videos I've been collecting. We're pretty psyched with this new toy.

Finally, I'm using my birthday gift certificate (Thanks again Aunt Patty, in case you wondered whether gift certificates are a good choice ;) to buy the latest upgrade of Paint Shop Pro. I've needed to do this for years. I'm pretty fond of my Paint Shop Pro 6, but for photo editing it lacks one essential thing, red eye correction. I have to use a different program to correct red eye. This new upgrade looks like it will be awesome for photo editing. I may not have a super camera, but maybe I can make up for it with this program.