Friday, March 09, 2007
Noni's Emma Report - Friday
Hi Mommy and Daddy,

Popi and I had a really nice ride home last night. We talked and we sang and I just rode along quietly for a while. I think Popi thought I had gone to sleep because he turned the light on to see if I was awake. He worked very hard teaching me a new song: "Jesus Loves Me". I got some of the words and I tried. We'll work on it some more.

Noni was so happy to see us when we arrived. After we unloaded the truck, I got down to some serious playing before I had to take my bath. I was in such a good mood, Mommy and Daddy, because Noni kept telling me I was. I had a fun bath with Noni and then Popi did my hair after I put my pajamas on. You'll see the results in the pictures Noni is sending.

This morning I was calling your name at 6:35AM. I think Noni was a little surprised at how early I was awake, especially since I was up a little later last night. After I got up I went downstairs and helped Popi finish his workout. He had these great big hand weights he was lifting and I was lifting my little pink ones. That was hard work!!!

I played while Popi was getting dressed for work. The little people that you played with when you were my age are my favorites. I set a really nice table for the little people and had them all arranged in their chairs. Noni took a picture of it, she thought it was so cute. When Popi was all dressed to go to work, I sat at the counter and had some breakfast alongside him. He ate this "little" bowl of cereal and Noni gave me grapes, cereal and a piece of toast with butter. I did a good job, but I didn't eat it all. Noni and I sent Popi off to work with a big family hug and kisses from both of us.

Noni let me watch a "Dora" show while she did her hair and got dressed. Then I got all dressed and we were ready to go shopping when Noni realized Popi had my car seat in his truck and we couldn't go. She called him to let him know and while we waited we played on the rec room floor and she brought out this neat NASCAR hauler with a little car inside and the whole thing lights up. I really liked playing with it. I also watched most of the movie "A Land Before Time" with lots of dinosaurs. Good movie!! Oh, and Mommy, Noni climbed this ladder into the top of her house and when she came down she was carrying a baby carriage. She said it was one you played with when you were a little girl. She cleaned it all up, but she said it was so old and was pretty brittle and she didn't know if I would get to play with it or not. She'll ask Popi and then decide. It was a neat stroller though.

Noni was laughing at some of the things I said to her. She acted surprised to hear me say some of the things I did. She was funny!!

We had lunch at McDonald's with Popi and then I fell asleep in the car. Noni came home and put me in bed but I was too awake and never did really take a good nap. I slept maybe 30-45 minutes. She let me lay in bed for a while so I could rest. When I got up we went grocery shopping and then home to wait for Popi.

While Noni was fixing supper I was drawing on some paper on the coffee table. I dropped my crayon and when I bent down to pick it up I hit my head hard on the top edge of the table. I cried really hard and Popi was so nice trying to make me feel better - and Noni too! That kind of took it out of me for the day though. We sat down to eat supper and I wasn't much interested in the spaghetti, but Noni had this really soft nice french bread with a crispy thin crust and I loved it!! I ate several Emma sized pieces and she got strawberries too. I really,l really liked them, so I ate about 7 or 8.

After supper I was really, really tired so Noni bathed me, Popi did my hair again and I was in bed by 7:15PM. I asked to go to bed, Mommy and Daddy, because I was really, really tired. I think I played hard and maybe didn't take as good a nap as I should.

I miss you both, but Noni and Popi are taking good care of me. We're laughing and having a great time!! Noni said she would send some pictures from today so you wouldn't miss me quite so much. I hope it helps.

I love you, Mommy and Daddy and I'm sure Noni will bring you up to date on our day tomorrow too. I'll see you on Sunday.

I love you very, very much. Hugs and big kisses!!!
Emma





Labels: