Thursday, March 29, 2007
Oh, the horror!
Yesterday when I was getting ready for work I was putting on my favorite necklace. It started to slip out of my hands and I could tell the pendant was sliding off the chain so I released the whole bit hoping that they'd stay together. They hit the floor and I watched in horror as the chain completely disappeared. There was a crack between the floorboards and that crack sucked up my chain like noodle of spaghetti.

Now I own a ton of jewelry, a whole armoire full. But most all of it is costume jewelry. I own very few real pieces and I cherish those. One of my few real gold chains got sucked down into the abyss under my bedroom floor. Hell, I didn't even know there was an abyss. Aren't these supposed to be tongue-in-groove floors. I went downstairs and found M in the shower and told him about my tragedy. He wasn't too worked up about it. He was sure he could get it back since he had experience pulling up floorboards.

That evening he took a look at the situation and realized that you could actually see the chain, about six or seven inches under the floorboards. He jammed a screwdriver between the floorboards to open up the gap ever so slightly and took a bent piece of wire and fished it out for me. My hero! I'm thinking of getting a throw rug for the floor in front of my dresser now.



P. S. This was my push present to myself. Since M never gave me one. Hrmph.