Monday, April 02, 2007
Are you threatening me?
Tonight Daddy was pretty late getting home. Emma and I had snacked enough to probably ruin her dinner. Not that it makes much difference; she seems to be rejecting five out of seven meals we present to her these days anyway. She sat at the table and shoved away her plate. After a few minutes of sitting there she says, "I want chocolate." No, you have to eat some supper.

She wasn't going to eat anything on her plate. Her Daddy had promised her chocolate after supper and I guess she was determined to skip to the good stuff. I was determined that she would eat something healthy before she could have chocolate. So I told her, raisins or carrots. Then I decided I'd get the carrots. She says to me (another new one) "I'll throw it up." No you won't. "I'll throw it up." OK, but first you have to eat it, so eat it.

She ate her carrots and I gave her chocolate covered raisins for her chocolate.