Tuesday, April 17, 2007
A new day
That's the beauty of life, you always get a new day. Until you don't. And then it doesn't matter anyway.

This is the landscape that greeted us this morning. The snow was afraid to creep any closer.


The good news is that I got a good nights sleep. The bad news is that I was late to work. Actually, I was early as usual. I was standing in Mary's living room chatting with her because I had time to kill before getting to work. I reached in my pocket to find my car key and pulled out...M's keys. To his car and to the store. Crap, they were in my pocket from my supply run for pizza and water last night. I hopped in the car and called him on my cell to see if he had a spare car key at home. Of course not. I had to drive all the way home and take him his key. As I was turning in the driveway the landlord's tractor was right in front of me. He pulled out of my way and I gunned it up the driveway. M was standing in the circle and I slowed down, passed off the key out the open window, turned the circle and barreled back out the driveway. The landlord was looking at me as I passed by, probably glad he'd gotten out of the way of the crazy woman. After all that I was only five minutes late. No one noticed.