Friday, April 20, 2007
"VA Tech killer was picked on in school"
I have seen this headline on just about every news source. Frankly, it makes me want to puke. Boo hoo. We were ALL picked on in school. Some more than others, but all of us felt the shame and humiliation of put-downs and pranks. I cannot even believe a reporter could report that with a straight face. The sky is blue, the sun rises in the east, and everyone gets picked on in school. I was so disgusted by the concept that this warrants reporting that I refused to click through any of those articles. Honestly, after that first day, I've avoided reading about the massacre all together. Despite my refusal to watch, I'm still aware that the media at large has disgraced itself, yet again, by shoving into the faces of the public the most asinine details, half-assed theories, and lame justifications for the murderer's behavior imaginable.

On the other hand, I have also caught some glimpses of the grace and dignity being shown by the people actually directly affected by the tragedy. My prayers go to them, as always.