Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Alumni basketball
On Saturday evening M played in an alumni basketball game to benefit Relay for Life. He wasn't the oldest player. I think the oldest one was the actual varsity basketball coach, who is a few years older than M. Before the game he was commenting that he hoped it was all old guys so no one would play so hard. "I'm not gonna run," he commented. Ha! That whistle blew and he took off running. He was the first one out of the game and onto the bench because he said his head was so hot. He went back in several more times. He did score any baskets; he never took a shot. But he did have a good number of assists.

I wish I could have seen more of the game. When we first got to the gym Emma was enthralled, watching the women play. I would describe to her what they were doing and she followed it closely, even cheering and clapping. Then she saw her friend Caleb from Mary's. That was the end of watching basketball. All she wanted to do was follow him around. He's full year older than her so he was allowed to range farther than Emma. That created some conflict.

I'm already fighting with my 2.5 year old about running around with boys.