Thursday, May 03, 2007
Way to go, Ace...
Those of you who remember my post on man-places know that my desire is to get in and out quickly, praying that there is no humiliation involved. So you'll love this story...

This morning I decided to try to cram in a trip to the gas station in between dropping Emma off at Mary's and getting to work on time. I always pay at the pump in order to avoid any actual human contact. I whipped out my Exxon card and slid it in the reader and it said T_. It's supposed to say something more like "remove nozzle from the pump." I tried it again, no better. So I walked to the door and popped my head in and asked Mark if there was anything wrong with his pump. Of course one of the three town lawyers was in there chatting with him. Mark told me to be sure and insert the card slowly and withdraw it quickly. I stepped away from door and glanced at the card in my hand which had in big bold letters COSTCO. Damn. "Nevermind, Mark, I grabbed the wrong red, white, and blue card."

Nothing like starting off your morning with a hot steaming cup of dumbass.