Saturday, June 02, 2007
I am alive
Don't give up on me, those of you who are still with us. We're at the beach now. We've got some intermittent wireless access so I will try and post some updates, without spending too much important vacation time on the computer.

Emma behaved wonderfully on the seven and a half hour drive down. The DVD player in the car is a godsend. Having Noni as her playmate in the back seat helps too.

She didn't like the sound of the ocean waves crashing last night at all. She couldn't see the ocean but she could hear it. She didn't care to see it. So she was predisposed to being afraid. This morning we took her down to show her the waves. In retrospect it was a mistake to make her retreat from the rushing water to avoid getting her tennis shoes wet. Now she's afraid of the water and afraid to go to the beach.

After she gets up from nap we're going to try again, putting on her beach shoes and taking along her bucket. I'm crossing my fingers.