Wednesday, June 20, 2007
My boobies
They are occasionally an item of interest for Emma. Since she wasn't breastfed she is not intimately acquainted with them, like she could have been. Every once in a while she wants to see them, or see what's under my shirt i. e. my bra-clad boobies. I have no problem letting her look at this point because to her they're just another body part. Once it's well established that she knows about boobies I'll teach her that boobies aren't to share with everyone. OR, she'll get a crash lesson the first time she asks to see someone else's boobies.

We go through the routine you would probably expect. She sees my boobies and and then looks down at her chest and says, "I don't have boobies." Then she looks at Daddy, "Daddy doesn't have boobies." Then we depart from the script as she reaches over to squeeze my boob and says "Mommy, you have a LOT of boobie."

I declare the lesson over, throwing a glance at M, who is grinning ear to ear.