Monday, June 18, 2007
What was I thinking?
Lately I've been plagued with serious fatigue. I crave the bed so badly, any time of the day. This morning I heard Emma calling from her room at 6:49 a.m. I looked at the clock and thought, "Damn, I'm supposed to have eleven more minutes in bed!" I forced myself to get up and go check on her. I had the brainstorm that I'd bring her back to bed with me to rest a little longer.

Stupid. To her my bed has always been for play. So for the next ten minutes this is what I got to hear about a hundred times...

"Open your eyes, Mommy."

"Open your eyes."

"Mommy, open your eyes."

"Open them."

"Open your eyes now, Mommy."

"Open your eyes."

...and on and on. Next time I'll tell her to get up and play with her toys for a little while till I come back. Sheesh.