Sunday, July 08, 2007
20th high school reunion
Apparently, it's not happening. Which is pretty anticlimactic. I'm guessing they bagged it because the turnout for the 15th reunion was dismal. I could have told them not to bother with that one because we had a good 10th reunion and the 20th would be the next big one people would look forward to. No one asked. I skipped the 15th myself.

High school reunions are uncool. I get it, all you hipper-than-thous. It's not like I'm interested because I want to show off my Maserati and my millions. I'd go as the invisible woman if I could. I'd just like to see some folks to see where they are in life now. To see how they've changed, what they're doing, if they exceeded expectations or not.

I was fairly disappointed in my tenth reunion because some of the cliques seemed as tight as ever. Our class was never very cohesive. It felt like everyone expected you to be exactly as you were when you graduated and had no real curiosity about who you were now. I saw some of my favorite people from high school and hung out with some I'd never socialized with that much. I tried to get around.

Anyway, phooey for the fact that my stupid curiosity about people will not be slaked. Googling them just isn't the same.

I suppose I'll have to resign myself to doing what I did instead of going to my 15th reunion. Watching the greatest high school reunion movie EVAH! "Grosse Point Blank."