Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Noni's Report - Tuesday
Hi There, Mommy and Daddy,

I have to start off by telling you that I slept till 8 AM this morning. I wasn't the first one up as usual. Noni and Jenna beat me, but that's OK, I was pretty tired and I was sleeping very, very well.

After breakfast we finally took off for the Children's Museum and that was really something. They had all kinds of things to do. A weather station to explain the weather and how it works, a game station for chess, checkers and other games, a climbing wall, a tarantula (boy, that was a big thing!), a toad (it looked a lot like a frog to me), a farmers market where you could pick out your vegetables and put them in the basket and then run the cash register to see how much you owed, a kitchen where we could cook up the food, a garden where you could plant and grow things, a house under construction which explained how it goes together, a barn with a loft, a pig pen and cows all around, a tree that was a puppet theater, a creative area where you could paint and make things, a stage with lots of costumes to try on and do a play and a makeup station where you could paint your face. There's lots more to it, but I just can't remember it all.

At first I ran all over the place but then for some reason I got scared and wanted to leave. Noni said "no", we weren't leaving so I just stuck pretty close to her and she took me all around the place. I did a little bit of whining, but when Noni asked me to stop, I tried. Sometimes I would slip and start again, but she would remind me not to and I tried again not to.

All my cousins were having so much fun on the stage and dressing up in different costumes that finally I decided I wanted to have some fun and I joined in. Cousin M found me a really "bootiful" princess dress and I loved it! I wore it for a long time. I joined them on the stage and did some dancing and some pretending. It was a lot of fun. We did this for a very long time.

Later I watched my cousins put on a puppet show at the puppet tree theater. They had a bunny, a bear, a hatching egg and some other characters that I had fun watching. Everyone was laughing and having a good time. I was a good girl and shared my pretzels with my cousins while we were at the museum. They thanked me a lot of times. I think I'm glad I went.

We visited Wal-Mart to do a little bit of shopping. I was a good girl, mommy and daddy. Noni kept telling me over and over "Emma, you're such a good girl!" Since she said it so many times, I guess I was a very good girl. You can be proud of me.

We met Grandmommy and Great Aunt K for lunch at Pano's. It was a pretty late lunch since it was almost 1:30 when we got there. Noni took us all in and we went ahead and ordered while we waited for the others to arrive. I was especially good at lunch, mommy and daddy. I didn't eat a whole lot, but I was very, very good. I stayed in my chair the whole time and I laughed and played and sang sounds and I hugged on Noni and sang "I loooovvveee you" to her. She seemed so happy and she hugged me and squeezed me and told me she loved me back too.

I fell asleep in the truck on the way home and I don't even remember Noni putting me down for my nap.

Popi came home at 5 and Noni had him come to wake me up. He said I was sleeping so well, he wasn't going to wake me. When he came back to check on me I was waking up so he got me up.

We had a really, really heavy rain storm and when it was almost over Noni called Popi and all of us to the window so we could see the "bootiful" rainbow. We could see the whole thing. It looked like it was right outside our window. We could see both ends of it. I called to Mary and Jenna and told them to come look. I thought it was so "bootiful".

We had spaghetti for supper and I was kind of making a mess, so Noni helped me eat and I ate a very good supper. Then Popi gave me the best part, the COOKIES!!!! I had chocolate fudgies - YUM YUM!!!!

I've had my bath now and I'm still playing strong. You would never guess it is my bedtime. I don't know how long Noni and Popi are going to let me stay up, but I'm going to make the most of it. I am having SOOOOOOOOOOO much fun!!!!!!

Thank you, mommy and daddy, for letting me come to Noni and Popi's so I could play and have so much fun.

I miss you both and I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Have a good night and please travel safely to me.

Love, hugs and kisses from your Emma!





Labels: