Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Sandman wins...
Emma stayed with Grandma today because Mary had to take her husband to a doctor's appointment. I arrived to pick Emma up around 4:40 p.m. This is what I found. Her sleeping bag and pillow were laying right on the floor in front of her. Grandma said Emma was determined that she wasn't going to take a nap. She finally passed out at 3:45 p.m. I sat around and chatted with Grandma for another 45 minutes or so to give Emma a chance to sleep because I really didn't want to wake her. My child always wakes up with a smile unless you wake her up. I wanted to be on her good side when she got up. Unfortunately by 5:40 she was still asleep and I needed to go. I woke her up and sure enough, she was not happy about it. When I got her home I bought her off with some Wonderpets. I prefer to think of it as distraction rather than bribery.