Friday, August 10, 2007
Off season craving
Every year, usually sometime in July, I start to get a craving. I have no idea why this happens. I crave candy corn, specifically Brach's candy corn. There is no substitute. Back in the day I used to be able to satisfy my craving. I used to be able to buy candy corn year round. Walmart sold it, grocery stores sold it; it was a staple in the candy section. Then, some insidious plot began to unfold to deprive me from fulfilling my need. Walmart replaced Brach's with their own store brand. Target started using their own store brand. Grocery stores began to leave it off the shelf. I have no idea who decided Brach's could be replaced with any old crap and no one would notice. I've noticed.

I'm told that Kroger's stocks Brach's candy corn still, but I can't independently confirm that fact because I never get to go to a Kroger's. According to the evil imposter candy corn syndicate the "season" for candy corn doesn't begin until September 5. I must wait like everyone else for them to put out the Halloween crap. Balls.

Now I know why old people are so crabby. The world changes and it usually doesn't change to suit you.