Thursday, September 06, 2007
Gaaaaaaah!!!
Enough with the questions! Dang!

OK, it's not like I'm trying to stifle her curiosity. Those aren't the questions I'm referring to. It's the questions that get repeated over and over because she didn't get what she asked for the instant she asked for it the first time.

"Can I have some milk?" (Picture me, getting up from my desk)
"Can I have some milk?" (Now I'm nearing the living room, where she's blurting out her questions as she lounges on the couch in front of the television. She sees me...)
"Can I have some milk?" (Me "How do you ask nicely?")
"Please may I have some milk?" ("That's better, I'll go get some" I disappear around the corner)
"Can I have some miiiiiiiilk?"
"I waaaaaaant milk"
"Can I have some milk?" ("Emma! I'm getting your milk right now!")
5 seconds of silence while I finish up.
"Can I have some milk?"
Right. Up. Until. You. Put. It. In. Her. Hand.

Gaaaaaaaaah!