Monday, October 01, 2007
No accidents, BUT...
So I reported there were no accidents which is absolutely true, no potty accidents. She always made it to the toilet to do her business. However, we did have an "episode" on the way to Noni's on Friday night. (Andrea, this is where you stop) After an hour and twenty minutes of driving we were less than one mile from Noni's and Emma starts puking. Three times consecutively, all over her front. I picked up my phone and called the house as we were turning onto Noni and Popi's street. Popi answered and I said "Emma just puked all over herself and we're on your street. Meet us at the car and bring stuff to clean up. Click." How's that for efficient? LOL

It was a disgusting mess and I'm sure I don't have to describe it. Her car seat was ruined for travel. Noni, Popi and I all pitched in and cleaned up the mess. Popi cleaned the books that were on her lap and her clothes. Noni took care of the seat and I swept Emma into the house and straight to the bath. It was the first time she was really acutely conscious of what she had done. Emma "never" pukes. That was maybe the fourth time in her life she's done it. She was learning the words for what she had done and repeating the story about stuff coming out of her mouth.

I bathed her and we cleaned up the seat as best we could. We decided to take the cover to my brother's in a bag and wash it up there, because we couldn't leave it sitting all weekend. Thank goodness Noni and Popi own a spare car seat or we would have been delayed for hours. As it was we were only delayed by 20-30 minutes. Before Emma was even done with her bath she was saying that she was hungry and she was totally fine. She was completely normal for the rest of the weekend.

We went to Wendy's and then hit the road for Maryland. Thank goodness for grandparents who are even happy to see their puke-covered grandchildren pull up.