Thursday, October 18, 2007
You're daughter is very...um...bold
This is from someone I work with occasionally. I ran into her this weekend and she took Emma off my hands for a minute so I could finish a conversation with someone. Since Emma was loudly demanding to see "the dog" and constantly interrupting me it was a welcome diversion.

Today the lady tells me my daughter is very bold. She went right for the dog and when she was done she was done. I replied, "Yes, she's very agenda-driven." The lady retorted, "She's a firecracker." Oy.

Yes, I am aware my daughter is demanding in a loud fashion. I tell her not to interrupt, I tell her not to talk so loudly. She has the patience of a flea, assuming fleas have no patience. So my question is...how much of this is a personality defect and how much is the age?

I sometimes envy moms with meek little munchkins who don't draw so much attention. But, somehow I think Emma's "defect" will serve her well in the future, providing we can temper it and civilize her a little better.