Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Bedtime Backyardigans
Every night when I finish dressing Emma for bed Daddy takes over again. He's the one who does the bath first and brings her upstairs. I dress her and then they finish off the evening together. Lately they've been playing "the Backyardigans game" every night. They take all of the Backyardigans characters that Emma got for her birthday and act out different episodes or stories. It's cute as hell to hear them playing. First Emma points out which Backyardigans characters are in the particular story and tells Daddy all their names. Then the two of them act out different parts for a about a minute before she changes stories. After all that they read a few books and then say goodnight.

Unfortunately for me that means when Mommy does bedtime it sucks. I don't know the episodes. I had to put her to bed last night because we had unexpected guests and I felt like a total loser trying to play. I was trying to get Emma to guide me and she wasn't wanting that. Finally she said, "Just do it like Daddy does it." Sigh. I explained to her that I couldn't do it because I didn't know the shows, I hoped she understood, and could I read her a book instead. She gave me a hug and was so gracious about it.

Here are some pics from the Yeti re-enactment.