Thursday, November 08, 2007
Cool stuff from far away
My friend Angelika just returned from a trip to Israel. She takes these Elderhostel trips all over the world. Last time she was in Guatemala and surrounding countries. When she's not doing Elderhostel trips she travels with her sister, who lives in Germany. They do a trip at least once a year. I think their last trip was Poland, before that it was Russia, and before that Rome. She often brings little trinkets home for Emma and me, and I always receive a postcard in the mail.

Here's what she bought me:


The sections are joined together by links so the fish is flexible. It's a pendant, if that's not clear from the picture.

This is what she brought Emma:


It has "Jordan" embroidered on it. I think it's cool because it's not a sentimental zoo camel. It's a working camel with harness and all.

Finally, here's my birthday present. Since I've shown you the other socks she knitted me, I figured you should see these. For the record I'm the one who chooses the wild color patterns. She often offers me the choice between several and I usually choose the most colorful.

Labels: