Friday, November 09, 2007
Disney is too scary
It will be a while before I take Emma to the movies. She really can't sit through a movie and be quiet. Of course, in the living room I don't mind so much. Yesterday we tried to watch an entire movie all the way through for the first time. I sat with her and helped her understand what was going on. She asked questions, or I explained things that might be confusing.

For this venture I chose "A Bug's Life" which I barely remembered seeing. The scary parts were pretty intense. Hopper was a real meanie. At the beginning of the movie Flik accidentally dumps all the food the ant colony had collected into the water. Emma was really upset that their food was gone. She was almost crying, "Are they gonna get it back? Are they going to get their food back?" Her eyes were pooling with tears. I didn't realize she was quite that sensitive. We made it the whole way through the movie, but her interest waned and I had to keep pulling her back into the action.

Like I said, it will be while before we try the theater.