Wednesday, November 07, 2007
JCPenney Christmas Gift Book 2007
Emma still only watches about five or six different shows, and they're all on networks with no commercials. We're trying to hold of as long as we can on the "I want, I want, I want..." that comes from seeing cool toys on commercials all the time. It's actually been working.

However, on a lark I gave Emma the JCPenney gift book to look at. Mostly because she loves to look at my Parents magazine for the pictures of babies and toys. She looked at the page full of baby dolls. "Mommy, mommy! Will you buy me that?" Then she turned the page and saw a big doll house. "Oh my gosh! Mommy, look at that! It's humongous. Will you buy me that?" "No." "Why?" "Because" (Obviously I haven't practiced my responses here.) Then she points at something else, "Maybe my daddy will buy me that." I tell her, "Maybe you should ask Santa Claus for it." Yeah!

So fifteen minutes later she's still going through the book pointing at five things per page. "Mommy, look at that! Mommy look at this! " She looks at a kitchen and says, "Maybe Santa Claus will bring me that and I will love it because no one can take it away from me."

Sheesh, they must be hard-wired for this stuff!

P. S. This is what she's getting for Christmas from Mommy and Daddy.

Labels: