Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Bad day
One of those that was bad from the start and didn't get much better. Alarm didn't go off. We had a power outage right about the time it was due to buzz. It was 57 degrees in the living room. Nice.

As I'm making lunches M comes in from outside and wants to know where the tool is to remove snow from the vehicles. He'd already checked my car. I had no freaking idea. Last I knew it was in my trunk. Do you know how men are when they can't find something? Yeah.

Then a few minutes later he realizes the dogs have run off. Great. He sets out to find them right as I'm loading the car to go. He soon realized his error and doubled back to tell us goodbye.

I get to work. Everything is fine. I check the trunk, there's the snow removal tool. You actually had to *gasp* move something to see it. I'm waiting for M to come and help me fix the lights on the Christmas tree and then I'll decorate it. I have to clean up some snow but no biggie. Then Norton Anti-virus ruins the rest of my day. Five computers running Norton Anti-virus all go down at once. I spent the rest of my day trying to get them back online. I actually had to leave at the end of the day with the problem unresolved. I hate that. But I worked last night so I was damned if I was going to work tonight too. So right now Symantec sucks and McAfee is good. I never got to decorate the Christmas tree. Now I can look forward to dealing with technical support to resolve a problem of their making. My favorite.

I'm supposed to go on a shopping expedition tomorrow. Solo. Now they're calling for three to five inches of snow. I was going to pick up my Christmas cards. I don't drive the mountains in the snow. I want my Christmas cards.

Some days the turkeys do get you down.

Oh, and the dogs aren't back yet. It's 20 degrees outside.