Wednesday, January 02, 2008
A few notes on Dish Network
The installer came to install our HD today. The whole process took twice as long as necessary because the Dish Network computer system was acting wonky and every time the technician wanted to check in he had a long wait. In the end the installation was finally complete and, wow!, what a picture!

You know your life has shifted focus when the thought of Noggin changing from a 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. schedule to twenty-four hours a day is a thrill. I was so looking forward to it. Noggin has been advertising it all December. I checked out the schedule and saw Backyardigans scheduled for 6:00 p.m. Woo hoo! Then 6:00 p.m. rolls around and on comes...Degrassi? Whaaaa? Apparently some kind of negotiations for satellite space didn't work out so all the hype was for nothing. Boo.

I found out about an unadvertised special being offered by Dish Network. If you switched to autopay or paperless billing then you could get two years of Cinemax for .01 a year. Two pennies, two years. I called today and got it. Yippee! All the after-hours dry humping I can stand to watch! (Which, incidentally, is very damned little)

Finally, I'd like to say that our experience with upgrading has been pretty nice. Everyone on the phone was as nice and helpful as they could be. The dispatchers for the installer called us yesterday and today to confirm the schedule and give us updates. The technician was easy to talk to and knew his stuff. He even gave us a few extra helpful hints. I can't say much positive about the live chat though. Twice today I tried to sign up for the Cinemax through chat and both times they said it was done and it wasn't. The second chat was painfully sloooow. I finally picked up the phone and called and that dude fixed me right up. My recommendation is use the phone.

Labels: