Sunday, January 20, 2008
I Love the Backyardigans. So much.
We're finally sitting down to watch "The Tale of the Mighty Knights" which we recorded on the DVR. We're just a few minutes into it and I could cry. For joy. Seriously. Queen is all over this. First I had to Google to see if Brian May scored this. It sounded so much like Flash Gordon, which was scored by Queen in 1980. When I Googled I discovered that I wasn't the only one who picked up the Queen influence. Unfortunately I haven't been able to make a direct connection. At the very least I suspect it was scored on one of Brian May's guitars.

This just took a show I already loved and solidified it's place in my heart. Wait, now they're riffing on Bohemian Rhapsody. Oh God, I may melt.

On the other hand, Emma is not happy. Yesterday Noni started to watch this show with Emma and Emma told her she couldn't watch it because, "Mommy won't let me watch dragons." Wow, that's news to me. She made that up out of whole cloth. She was scared. I'm sure it's because of the heavy bass beat and rock and roll sound. As a matter of fact as we're sitting here watching it, Emma's face is buried in her Daddy's side about 40% of the time. We tell her not to be afraid, there's nothing to be afraid of. She answers, "I'm just playing hide and seek," and buries her face again.

P. S. I do know that Adam Pascal from "Rent" is in this episode too, but I've never seen Rent and it's lost on me.