Thursday, January 03, 2008
Monster lens
Leslie and I were talking about our lenses today. She got one for Christmas/Birthday too. Mine is a Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG MACRO. But even though it says macro it doubles as a telephoto lens. Do they all do that in that range?

Anyway, Leslie said her lens was a monster. I wanted to show her that mine is too. The camera has some weight with all that on it, I can tell you that. I'm looking forward to getting much better deer pictures now.

When I lived in Williamsburg I spent a lot of time exercising on Duke of Gloucester Street. That's the main drag through the colonial village. My friends and I would joke about the "tourons" to amuse ourselves. One thing we decided was that the length of a man's camera lens was inversely proportional to the length of his penis. Overcompensation, right? I told M about that years ago, long before I was ever interested in photography. He remembers it to this day.

I'll bet he'll never be able to carry this lens without the nagging fear he's advertising a tiny peen.

Falsely, of course, Dear.

Labels: