Sunday, January 06, 2008
Paralyzed by clutter
We have way too much stuff for our small house. Since it's an old farm house there are no storage closets. Nearly all of the cabinets in the kitchen were built by M. We have all this new (wonderful!) Christmas stuff and there is simply nowhere to put it. I'm paralyzed because I can't clean up when there's no place to put things! We need to put our Christmas stuff away but the junk room is full. I hate life when things are like this.

The living room is the one sanctuary that I am able to keep relatively clean and uncluttered. I practically live there because of that. And because it's a living room, duh.

So imagine how I felt when M decided to set this monstrosity up in my living room. It's a nice hand-me-down from Emma's cousins, which will be great outside. I know M only wanted to see what it was, but damned if it didn't make my chest tighten just seeing it. Ack!