Thursday, January 17, 2008
Snowy Day
We got 5-6 inches today, which figures (pity party ahead) because tomorrow I planned to go see Noni and Popi for the first time since New Year's Eve. It snowed fast and furious all morning and into early afternoon. I shoveled the walk at work five or six time. All morning I was hoping that we'd get to go home early. By the afternoon I was told I could go home but decided to stay anyway. M had said that when he came back from lunch he was going to bring the sled and go pick up Emma from Mary's so they could do some sledding around town. I didn't want to spoil their fun.

It turns out staying the whole day was the wisest choice. By the time we drove home the roads were pretty clear. We went out with the camera to take some pictures. I learned that I had to be a mile away from my subject to get it all in my telephoto lens. We walked the mile back to the house and switched lenses.

We had a good time until Emma face planted into the snow on the slide. Then the fun and games were over.