Friday, January 04, 2008
Time to start watching the campaigns...
As if I wasn't already...

Mom sent me a link to this Presidential Candidate Selector. It's supposed to be unbiased and based on the official positions given by the campaigns. I took the test and my results are below. I won't be voting for John McCain, but I believe he's a non-starter anyway. I've had my eye on number 5, but I'm not sure he can build the momentum he needs because the press doesn't seem to be very interested in his candidacy, now that he's actually a candidate. I'm kind of amazed that Mitt Romney ranked higher for me than Giuliani. On the other hand, it's not like you can count on the main stream media to actually give you the candidate's positions. They're much more into the scandals and bloopers.

In other news, it looks like Hillary is the (viable) Democrat for me. Now, picture me having a heart attack and collapsing on the floor.

Take the test and see if your candidate is who you thought it was...(there are a few ads)

1. Theoretical Ideal Candidate (100%)
2. John McCain (78%) Information link
3. Newt Gingrich (says he will not run) (71%) Information link
4. Alan Keyes (69%) Information link
5. Fred Thompson (67%) Information link
6. Mitt Romney (65%) Information link
7. Stephen Colbert (campaign halted) (65%) Information link
8. Tom Tancredo (withdrawn, endorsed Romney) (64%) Information link
9. Rudolph Giuliani (64%) Information link
10. Duncan Hunter (63%) Information link
11. Chuck Hagel (not running) (62%) Information link
12. Sam Brownback (withdrawn, endorsed McCain) (62%) Information link
13. Jim Gilmore (withdrawn) (57%) Information link
14. Ron Paul (56%) Information link
15. Tommy Thompson (withdrawn, endorsed Giuliani) (54%) Information link
16. Mike Huckabee (54%) Information link
17. Kent McManigal (campaign suspended) (53%) Information link
18. Christopher Dodd (withdrawn) (51%) Information link
19. Michael Bloomberg (says he will not run) (49%) Information link
20. Al Gore (not announced) (47%) Information link
21. Hillary Clinton (45%) Information link
22. Joseph Biden (withdrawn) (44%) Information link
23. Mike Gravel (withdrawn) (42%) Information link
24. Barack Obama (40%) Information link
25. John Edwards (40%) Information link
26. Bill Richardson (38%) Information link
27. Alan Augustson (campaign suspended) (37%) Information link
28. Wesley Clark (not running, endorsed Clinton) (34%) Information link
29. Dennis Kucinich (27%) Information link
30. Elaine Brown (4%) Information link

Labels: