Friday, February 22, 2008
Caramel De-lites vs. Samoas
I was going to do an awesome post with pictures about the difference in the girl scout cookies depending on where you buy them. There was a discussion on the board a while back about how people called them by different names depending on where they lived and bought the cookies. There's a damned good reason for that. They're named differently and packed differently depending on where you live because different bakeries bake them.

The only problem with my post is that the Caramel De-lites box got thrown in the trash. Then when I didn't have the box for picture purposes I ate the last Caramel De-lite cookie. So much for science.

Here's what I can tell you. I got the Samoas from Maryland and the Caramel De-lites from Virginia. They kind of look like the same cookie, but the Samoas have darker chocolate, darker coconut and are drier. They're packed in a narrower box. The Caramel De-lites are packed with a plastic slot for each cookie and they taste a whole lot better.

This service provided to you for free by The Highlandgal Foundation for the Comparative Analysis of Girl Scout Edibles.