Sunday, March 16, 2008
Why did I write it?
A couple of you wanted to know why I wrote about my freshman year in college. There are a couple of reasons...

First, I wanted to let Meredith (Chesapeake) know how important she was to me then and how I remember the fun we had. I wanted her to know that even though I grew apart from the group I always valued our friendship. I also wanted to express my appreciation for the fact that she reads this blog now and shares in the comments.

Secondly, I wanted to reexamine my college years, dwell on them a little. When I think back I tend to dwell on the hardships that came later. I often think of my experience in terms of the things that I missed, rather than the things that I did. I actually enjoyed thinking back to my freshman year and trying to recall what it was like, what we did then. I was able to recall many fun things that I'd forgotten.

Thirdly, this blog is a diary for Emma to read some day. I'm recording my history, as well as hers.

Finally, I have to come up with something to entertain you all. Don't I?

There will be more...