Thursday, April 17, 2008
Role-playing
Emma is big on assigning everyone their roles in our daily drama. Usually we're assigned characters from Backyardigans. Or she'll announce that I'm Annie and she's June. She'll even assign roles from shows she's only seen once. Last night she saw a little bit of Jimmy Neutron and decided that she was Cindy Vortex and Daddy was the boy with the brown hair. I was the girl with the spaghetti hair (Libby). I can't tell you how many characters I've been in my life. Yesterday afternoon was a bit confusing when she was Alicia (Diego's sister), I was Alicia and her baby was named Alicia too. You have to call everyone by their assigned names or she'll correct you.

Today she picked entirely new roles for us. She decided she was Cousin J., I was Cousin M. and Daddy was Uncle B. Interesting choices all around.