Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Answer to Noni's question...
"Name the ten happiest moments of your life."

1. Birth of Emma - I waited a long time for it and never really believed it would happen. To this day I still can't believe my body actually accomplished the task.

2. Wedding Day - M and I had a fun wedding and a great time. There's nothing more fun than having all your family and friends around you to help you celebrate your marriage. It's like gravy on gravy ;)

3. Graduation from High School - Oy, to throw off the shackles and be freed from the forced and artificial social structure of high school. Oh yeah, and there's that academic accomplishment thing too.

4. Graduation from College - To finally earn that degree and feel like your life is really about to begin is quite exciting. Again with the academic achievement...

5. Starting College - To leave home and start out on my own was the beginning of my life as my own master. I spent my whole high school career playing by the book and being a good girl so that I could get into a good college. I was ready to go to college and go a little crazy.

6. When I got my Current Job - I found my dream job and it was perfect for me in so many ways it was tailor made. I wanted this job so badly that if I hadn't gotten it I would have been devastated. I'd have been a shell of a woman. The great part is I still love it eight and a half years later.

7. Getting my Driver's License - Woo hoo! Freedom! "Mom, do you need any groceries?" "Do you need any errands done?" "Milk?" "Bread?" "Anything at all..."

8. Winning a Bicycle in a Contest from a Cereal Box - This was back in early seventies when you had to actually do something to win. It wasn't random. I had to draw a picture of me eating cereal with my favorite super hero. I drew me and Wonder Woman. I'm sure a bicycle was second prize, but damnit! I won that sucker all by myself!

9. When I was Born - OK, technically I don't actually remember it. But it had to be pretty fantastic. Right?

10. Finally making it to Las Vegas - Also include my trips to Germany and Ireland, Louisiana/New Orleans, and Colorado.