Thursday, June 26, 2008
A Sunny Sunday in June
This was from a couple weeks ago. My aunt threw a party for my grandmother's 88th birthday. It turned out to be a beautiful day and the party was well attended. I got the opportunity to see family that I rarely see. I'll bet my aunt thought I had totally forgotten to share these pictures. In truth I've just been spreading things out a bit.

This first picture is just a snapshot of a corner of the activity...


The girls are following the garden stones as they explore the garden.


Over in the hayfield the kids found their own entertainment. While M. poses on one hay bale you can see other kids in the background trying to roll another one.


The birthday girl with her party swag.


The girls are all working on putting together a sand necklace.


Time for homemade ice cream.


A family portrait. Notice which ones aren't exactly with the program...


Playing on the stone wall at sundown...