Friday, July 25, 2008
Farmer's market fun!
Someone I work with told me that they were going to have bees at the farmer's market this week. I wanted to take Emma to see the bees. I shouldn't have told her my plan because she wasn't all that excited to go see bees. As a matter of fact she wasn't too keen on it at all. I explained that the bees were going to be in a box so she had nothing to worry about. As we approached the pavilion she kept saying "I see a box...I see three boxes...there's a box..."

The bees were actually in this box...



I promised her a treat if she was good so we scanned the various tables of goodies and chose two brownies from one and four chocolate chip cookies from the other. The brownies were for Emma and the cookies were chosen for Daddy. As we were walking past the table promoting the market itself I commented to the market-master "Look at those pretty bags!" He looked at me and his face lit up. "You're our door prize winner for today!" Yay! I won something! Here's what I won...



The bonus is that now I'll be famous in the newspaper. They publish the picture of the market door prize winner each week. Joy.