Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Transitions
Sunday when I was tucking Emma in her toddler bed for nap I made a comment about sometime soon we'd be moving her to her big girl bed. I was trying to plant a seed so she'd start considering it, thinking we might be able to do it around her birthday or so. To my great surprise tonight she asked if she could sleep in her big girl bed.

The full size bed has always been in her room. It's a guest bed and usually just holds a giant pile of clothes that needs to be packed away. Such was the case tonight. We had to clear off her toy shelves and put the clothes there until we can get boxes to pack them up and put them away.

M arranged her environment to make her comfortable. It also looks like she should feel pretty secure. When I went to her room to check on her she was fast asleep with the pillow on the left completely covering her head. I moved it back into position. I hope she'll leave it alone all night. I'm not sure if she'll want to continue in the big bed or if this was just an experiment to her. I guess we'll see tomorrow night.