Friday, August 22, 2008
I get Emma back tonight! Yay!
I say "I" because M will have to wait until tomorrow to see her. Noni is helping us out by meeting Aunt K halfway to pick Emma up. But she won't be able to go until after work. Then they have to eat and make their way back to Nonitown. Meanwhile I'll take my time heading over the mountains after work and will shop and kill time until they're home. Then I'll be able to have my reunion with my baby, probably sometime around 9:00 p.m.

The next day I'll do a little more shopping before heading back over the mountains. M has to work anyway. We'll be sure to be home by suppertime so we can all be together for the meal.

We have been missing Emma a lot. I think about her more when she's gone. M is practically beside himself with missing her, but he tries to hide it. I think he's doing a better job at it than last time, and that absence was shorter. Those two are like peas in a pod and it hurts him when his best little buddy isn't around. We both have huge gaps of time in our evening that would be occupied by her, so we have a lot of time to realize what's missing.

Only a few more hours...