Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Check-up update
I had a doctor's appointment today. I look forward to these a lot. It's so reassuring to hear the baby's heartbeat. I'm at that point where I'm not really showing yet and I'm not really feeling the baby move with any certainty. I need that extra boost of confidence that comes with hearing the little thump-thump-thump on the doppler.

Noni and Emma came along to my appointment since Noni got off work at noon. The nurses let them come back and listen to the heartbeat too. I'm not sure Emma was all that impressed, but I know Noni loves it. Everything seems good so far. My doctor is going along with the recommendation of the genetic counseling doc that I go for the level II u/s for the anatomy check. Now I'll have to see if insurance will cover it. If so the appointment will be Jan. 8. That's how long I'll have to wait to find out the sex. Boo. The good news is as long as I don't know what I'm having I'm not motivated to spend any money on the baby. That's probably a good thing.