Sunday, November 23, 2008
The Great Purge of 2008-2009
I'm getting started. We have got to get rid of about half of the stuff in our house if another person is moving in here. It's already ridiculous with three of us and our junk piled up. Now it's getting critical.

My goal is to have a trunk full of stuff to donate every time I cross the mountains. I'll drop it off at Goodwill. Some of the stuff is hard to part with because I know it's worth something. But I don't have the opportunity or the time to sell it myself. Someone else will get rich off of my purge.

To help me get in the correct mindset for this project I've been reading "It's All Too Much" by Peter Walsh. It is helping me understand why I'm better off parting with stuff than keeping it around. It's still going to be a long and difficult process.