Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Note to Angie...
***WARNING: Possible spoilers for HBO's TrueBlood viewers***

I finished the last Sookie Stackhouse book and went to read your review. Sometimes the way we think alike is eerie. I was almost certain I'd find the term "Mary Sue" in your review. Don't be too hard on Sookie, she has fairy blood after all ;) I'm also a great fan of Eric, and in the absence of Eric, Quinn would have been fine. Bill left me cold too. It was refreshing to find a series where the heroine manages to dump, and move on, from a "great love." (See Stephanie Plum)

Obviously I found the series entertaining (eight books in eight days). Harris has a pretty vivid imagination and sometimes I found myself thinking, "Damn, girl! That's good!"

I don't settle down and read all that often and a nice "wish fulfillment" story is usually just the thing to make me happy. Now I'm in the same boat as all the other Sookie Stackhouse fans, waiting for number nine.