Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Reading a book...
I know, big whoop, right? Well, it seems like it to me. I'm such an internet addict that I can while away an evening jumping from site to site and topic to topic. Election season is especially distracting. It's hard for me to pick up a book and commit to it. So when I actually put the computer away long enough to read a book I feel like I've accomplished something.

I'm reading the first book in Charlaine Harris's vampire series. I usually like the vampire genre. It started with Anne Rice way back when. She's the one who made vampires alluring and romantic. Then I got into MaryJanice Davidson's vampire series. It mixes chick lit, vampires and humor. Next was the Twilight series, which I devoured in no time flat.

I've been hearing about the vampire series True Blood on HBO. It's based on the Charlaine Harris books. I decided to go ahead and give her series a try. If I like it there are a ton of books to catch up on. Anyone read them? Did you like them?