1. I had the day off today and spent it tidying up and decorating the house for Christmas. I have tons more work to do in the tidying department, but meanwhile my house at least looks festive. I hope to get our tree up by this Sunday.
2. I just switched my car insurance and saved over $400 a year. When I bought my Hyundai I called my insurance agent prior to making a decision about buying. Instead of looking up my premiums on the vehicle I was asking about he just guesstimated. His laziness cost him my business because he guessed around $600-$700. When I received the actual bill it was over $1000. This for a person with a spotless driving record and no accidents in over five years. I went to insurance through my credit union. I'm hoping I made the right move.
3. On Saturday I'll have at least five boxes of stuff for Goodwill. It's a start.
4. I love my new recliner in the computer room. M rearranged it and it sits at a better angle now. Can't wait to have a baby to cuddle in that chair.
5. I'm mostly done with my Christmas shopping. I think I suceeded in cutting back on my spending. I'm hoping no one will feel particularly deprived.
6. We watched "Tropic Thunder
" last night. I laughed my ass off. It was a very quoteworthy movie. I will say I was glad I didn't sit down and watch it with my
neighbors. I would have been way to self-conscious to enjoy it as much as I did.
7. Right now simultaneously reading "Choosing Civility: The Twenty-five Rules of Considerate Conduct
" and re-reading C. S. Lewis's "Mere Christianity
." I'm trying to refocus my energy away from my selfish needs and more onto those around me. These books are helping.
8. I'm without a doubt feeling "the quickening." I've had moments where I've wondered for the last several weeks but then I always think...maybe it's gas. This week I'm sure I'm feeling the baby move. I particularly enjoy this part of pregnancy.