Friday, February 06, 2009
What would you ask St. Peter?
Tonight after dinner M was asking me if I'd ever watched "Night Court." I told him I watched it every week. He wanted to know if I remembered the episode where John Larroquette's character dreamed he died and went to heaven and got to ask an angel any question he wanted and it would be answered? He remembered that one of the questions Larroquette asked was "What's the grossest thing I ever ate?" The angel told him "You don't want to know?" The he asked "What's the 200th grossest thing I ever ate?" M remembered the angel telling him he didn't want to know that either. Anyway, I told M I remembered the skit distinctly, but that I was pretty sure it was Saturday Night Live, not Night Court. I had also always remembered that sketch, and those questions, but didn't remember who played the characters. So off to Google I went...

You can see the sketch in it's entirety here (transcript)

I'm not sure why that sketch has always stuck with me. When I think about it I don't think I want to know the grossest thing I ever ate. But I have thought of other questions. Like:

Who killed Marylin Monroe?
Who killed John F. Kennedy?
Who killed JonBenet Ramsey?
Where is Jimmy Hoffa?
What's the closest I ever came to dying before I actually died?

I'm sure if I think on it some more I can come up with other questions that I'd love to finally have answered. What would you ask?