Monday, March 23, 2009
Vacation Day
This is my day for me. It's a day to rest and recover from the insanity of the last several weeks. The last two weekends were festival weekends which means M and I both worked in the store straight through the weekends. I came in to work when he'd be the busiest which meant 4 1/2 hour shifts 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. or so. That's a long time standing for me. I love to do it because I love to see all the people and I love to help out, but it took it's toll this time.

Aside from working at the store I've been working on cleaning and decluttering the house at a frenzied pace. I'm pleased with the shape it's in now except for my bedroom, the laundry room, and the junk room where there's still plenty to be tossed out. Still, where we spend most of our time I've created open space and order. It's amazing how much that helps me spiritually.

In the coming weeks we have odds and ends to take care of, mostly small things. Today on my day of rest I still took the stroller apart and cleaned everything. Man, what a big job that was! Most of the work and commitments I have left before the baby comes has to do with work. There's lots to do there. I really have to prepare a lot for my absence. And then I'll still have to sneak into work on Sundays to take care of things that others can't do for me. Blah.

Only six weeks two days to go!