Friday, May 22, 2009
Sorry to leave you hanging...
Life has been some serious ups and downs lately. The lows are pretty low, and mostly have to do with lack of sleep. Tuesday night Jack was up and complaining from 1:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. I thought it would kill me. I made my way through every trick in my arsenal many times to try to calm him. The next night he was up once, ate, had a diaper change and fell right back to sleep. I awoke in the morning a new woman. So, of course, last night I didn't even get to sleep until 3:30 a.m. He was Crabby Crabberson all that time again. It's exhausting. M sleeps right through it. I had such a raging headache from the screaming that even my last few Darvocet wouldn't touch it. Today I'm going on fumes. M did come home at lunchtime to let me get a shower before he headed across the mountains to shop for the store.

The big milestone of the day was that Jack's umbilical stump finally fell off, and none too soon. It was starting to stink up the place. As a matter of fact it fell off while M was giving Jack a bath at lunchtime. M fell asleep last night and Jack missed his bath. Today he was so stinky I couldn't wait for M to come home and bathe him. I could have given Jack the bath, but I just knew the stump would fall off this time and I didn't want to be the one to cause it.

I guess I mentioned "ups" so I'd better follow through on that...The ups are the quiet moments when Jack is like an angel and I feel like I could just eat him up. There's nothing like snuggling with a peaceful baby.