Wednesday, June 03, 2009
The Lord giveth and...
So yesterday I get a check in the mail from my Obstetrician. It amounted to the entire co-insurance payment I made in February. That was around $450. I was doubtful we should have the check because if they sent it back that meant they weren't getting paid at all by us. I called them for clarification. They said my insurance had paid them 100% so I was owed the money. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth I said, "OK by me!" I know that my insurance policy states that how the doctor is paid depends on how they bill. They must have billed the "right" way this time.

Later in the day I looked up Jack's insurance information online to see if I could add his social security number to his policy. I checked his claims while I was at it. They denied our claim for the circumcision. My doctor's office told me that usually it's covered, back when I was investigating the option. I haven't made any calls to my insurance yet because I haven't gotten the official denial yet. Anyway, that will cost us $330 we didn't expect.

I guess the good news is that at least we came out ahead.