Tuesday, July 14, 2009
The last day
Today was the last day of maternity leave. I think I spent it well. Jack and I were up at 6:30 a.m. for a feeding and then back in bed by 8:00 a.m. We laid in bed until 10:15 a.m., him sleeping next to me while I relaxed. Then we got up and I watched the last two episodes of True Blood. Now I'm caught up and have to wait like everyone else. I managed to get a shower, do some laundry, and clean up the house a bit. Emma spent the morning at vacation bible school and the afternoon playing at a friend's house. It was just me and the baby. Tomorrow I start back to work and we start working on establishing our routine. I'm glad I took ten weeks of leave because until the last two weeks it was very, very hard. Then Jack changed and since then it's been a pleasure to be at home. It was just getting good. Dang.