Wednesday, December 09, 2009
Wednesday Weigh In
Lost this week: 0.2 lbs.
Lost so far: 19.4 lbs.

So I haven't thrown in the towel at all, but I'm really going to try to maintain this month. I don't have it in me to be a hero and be 100% on program in the face of the holidays. Maintenance will be my goal. This weekend was pretty overwhelming. I was completely stressed by traveling in the bad weather and then arrived to the bosom of my family with fresh cookies and bowls of candy laid out all over the kitchen. Completely reasonable, I wouldn't ask any different, but a challenge nonetheless. The we ate out at CiCi's Saturday night and Red Lobster Sunday. The next night we went to a "Family Fun Night" for Emma's preschool, which would be known as indoctrination by any other name. The theme of the talk for the parents was nutrition and how to handle the holidays. The speaker said, "This is not the time to try to lose weight." She was preaching to the choir.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's possible. I've lost weight in December before. However, I'm really trying to see if I can't maintain a balance, which may be as much if not more of a challenge that actually losing for me.