Friday, February 05, 2010
Bracing for it
They're calling for 20 to 30 inches of snow here over the next day and half. This is on top of a 7" base we have already. Joy. We have had so much stinkin' snow this winter it isn't funny. It more than makes up for last winter when we got maybe one good snow of five inches.

We're planning to be housebound this weekend. M and Emma went to the store this morning and will stick with it as long as they feel like it. Meanwhile I'm home with the little boy who doesn't like to nap when he's at home with mommy.

M went over the mountains last night to shop for the store and because Jack was about out of baby food. He said it was nuts. There was no milk to be had at Walmart. None. No shredded cheeses. He went to three different grocery stores and there were no bananas anywhere. He did get all the baby food we needed. I think he said he was in bed by 3:00 a.m.

I had an appointment this morning over the mountains for the follow-up on my surgery. Thankfully they called me this morning. They were trying to move up all their appointments and offered to take me as soon as I could get there. Once they figured out that I was four mountains and an hour and a half away they offered to reschedule me. So next Friday it is!

We had plans with the whole family to rendezvous at Uncle B's this weekend to celebrate birthdays for M and Uncle B. We nixed that yesterday. Rescheduled for next weekend.

At least we have the Super Bowl to look forward to on Sunday. That will take the edge off the cabin fever. Maybe.