Thursday, March 04, 2010
This is my five year-old
On the way home from town this evening she told me she invited her best friend over to the house tonight. I explained to her that her friend wasn't coming because she didn't ask the grown-ups first. We went around and around about that and for grins I threw in that her friend couldn't come over anyway because her room is a mess. Emma mulled it over for a few minutes.

"Mom, I don't think you're looking at this the right way. We don't have to go into my bedroom."

Me (dubiously): "Right."

Emma: "Do we have toys in the bathroom? Yes, we do, Mama."

"Do we have toys in the living room? Yes, we do, Mama."

"Do we have toys in the computer room? Yes, we do, Mama. So we don't need to go into my bedroom at all. Don't you see my point, Mama?"

Me: Oy